We are a group of 5 sociology students at El Camino Community College. We have started this blog to chronicle our research and findings on the eHarmony online dating research project. We wanted to study human interactions from a dating perspective. We realized eHarmony would be a good site to study people as the majority of people are looking for long term relationships.
Our online dating research project is funded completely by Professor K, who will be using the data we compile to write a paper and publish it. We will given credit on the paper as research assistants.
Due to the professor paying for the research materials out of his own pocket, we have had to resort to using promo codes for eharmony in order to make this project economically feasible.
We are selectively posting our preliminary findings on this blog as a way to chronicle our project as well as to help give back to the community. Many of us have not even had a girlfriend or boyfriend, so we want to help share our research with others in the hopes that it will help them find love.
If you would like to learn more about our research project, you can contact Professor K at the email address seen above. We are not funded or backed by any other institution, other than our course outline for our sociology community college class.
If you have a tip or would like to see us research a particular area of the eHarmony dating genre, feel free to contact us and we will respond back quickly. We are available most hours of the day, and are actively working on our class project in the daytime.
We also wanted to see exactly how long it will take to find true love on eHarmony. With 5 of us on the dating site, we feel that we will have enough evidence that will fulfill our original hypothesis (6-12 months).
Currently we have found the following information about eHarmony from our research:
- Many people do not like their commercials – they feel they are too “sappy.”
- Most people sign up for a 1 month eHarmony subscription, but wind up extending it out to 6 months on average.
- The best value that someone can get is the 6 or 12 month subscription. It takes on average 12 months or so to find true love.
- Many people search for eharmony promo codes on the various coupon sites such at Retailmenot, VeggieMatchMakers, and even Slickdeals. Most of these codes work, although some of them can be seasonal.
- The best time to join eHarmony is when they are having their “free communication weekend.” It will enable you to try the site out for free. If you don’t like what you see, you can always come back when they have the next free comm weekend.
This research project is already 1 year old and this is why we can report the above information. Keep in mind that it is our findings and the actual stats and figures my differ completely. If you would like to become a study participant, get in contact with Professor K and he will let you know what you need to do.